Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rainy Again

5/12/2008

My new site mate is from Seattle, so I suppose I shouldn’t have been surprised today when walking home from the gym in the rain and cursing my luck at having forgotten my umbrella and having left my clothes out on the line she states her excitement at this sudden downpour.

I’ve never been a huge fan of the rain in the first place. Not that I don’t mind the occasional storm, but when it happens everyday for six months it gets a little depressing. While the change in season will bring back things that I love: greenness and lack of dust… the list of things I don’t love is considerably longer: always having to wear waterproof shoes and carry an umbrella or raincoat, my clothes never drying and smelling like mildew, being trapped indoors, mold, not being able to hear yourself think… I could go on, but I don’t want to be too negative. I can only attribute Andrea’s excitement to her lack of exposure to rain without drying machines and houses that properly drain.

Xpint on the other hand shares my chagrin. Effectively trapped in the house due to his aversion to anything wet, he spent the afternoon running circles around the living room and biting everything (literally everything). So this rainy season might not only cause me mental distress but physical pain. This afternoon has already resulted in a few new future scars.

No comments: