Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuk Tuks!


January 24, 2009

The tuk tuks have arrived! Tuk tuks are small three-wheeled motor vehicles that act as taxis here in Guatemala. Anyone who has been in Antigua will have seen these vehicles speeding through the streets with great alacrity. My town has recently acquired three which can now be seen barreling around town with passengers in tow. This has been one of several advancements (including an ice cream parlor, a “pizzeria,” a paved road and a larger daily market) that have arrived in town since I began my service here (in which I can claim no influence)!

1 comment:

B. said...

I wish Tactic would get tuk tuks, but apparently there was some tragic accident involving a tuk and a pullman (we know who came out better out of that collision) some years ago and therefore they are banned in all of the muni.

Needless to say, I am jealous.